1. Blitz the spices and rub into the lamb. Cover and leave in the fridge for 24hrs.
2. In a hot pan, colour the lamb all over, then transfer to a roasting dish. Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add to the dish. Add the herbs, cover with paper and seal with tinfoil.
3. Cook in the oven at 160°C for approx. 3hrs.
4. Once tender, leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
1. Sweat the onion, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander in half of the oil, with a pinch of salt, until softened.
2. Blitz all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice as needed.
3. This can be made a day ahead and stored, covered in the fridge.
1. Peel the onions. With the base of the onion on a chopping board, cut down almost to the route in quarters. Place in an oven-proof dish and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Bake for 15 mins, by which time the onion will have opened up.
3. Season with salt and sumac, and return to the oven for 20 mins.
4. Serve with mint leaves scattered over the onion.
And there you have it! A main dish and delicious side-kicks that are sure to impress your guests this festive season. The perfect British-fusion take on a traditional Christmas dinner from our Head Chef Alistair Craig, whose impressive seasonal menu awaits you at The Terrace Restaurant. Take this as your sign to escape to the country in the new year for a dining break in the New Forest like no other.
© 2024 The Montagu Arms Hotel
Powered by Intergage