Fine Dining Break
“You should only ever cook when you’re hungry. I do. It makes the food more soulful.”
Dining at The Terrace Restaurant is what makes a break at The Montagu Arms hotel truly memorable.
Head Chef and Roux Scholar, Matthew Tomkinson's distinctive style blends classic French technique with a love of home-cooked food. He likes to serve dishes that make sense: food that is richly comforting with flashes of innovation.
Signature dishes include spiced diver-caught scallops with cauliflower purée, cumin velouté and apple, oxtail and celeriac ‘lasagne’ with baby spinach and horseradish cream, and assiette of apples with apple sorbet, panna cotta and butterscotch sauce.
The perfect foodie short break in the New Forest.
Included in your break:
- Luxury Overnight Accommodation
- A Hearty New Forest Breakfast
- 3 Course Dinner at The Terrace Restaurant
- Complimentary morning tea & coffee served daily to your room
- Complimentary Independent newspaper
- Use of Careys Manor leisure facilities from check-in until check-out (located just 6 miles away)
From £279 per room
Terms & Conditions: Prices are based on two people sharing a room midweek (Sunday - Thursday). Single rooms are available upon request and may carry a supplement. Friday and Saturday bookings carry a supplemement. Some Saturdays are subject to a minimum 2 night stay dependant on dates.