Ethical Food Policy
The staff of The Montagu Arms Hotel believe that free-range organic produce is not just better, because of its purity and freedom from additives but because it tastes a lot better too.
We also believe it is important to know where our produce comes from to help maintain the sustainability of local produce and ensure quality.
The Montagu Arms Hotel is dedicated to using seasonal, free-range ingredients sourced from carefully selected local suppliers and The Montagu Arm's very own Kitchen garden.
Some of the New Forest suppliers that we use include: Owls Barn Farm meat, Lyburn Farm cheese, Clayton Eggs, Merry Orchard Mushrooms, Eling Tide Mill Flour, Fish from S&J Shellfish, fresh vegetables from Exbury Greens, Wodside Farm Lamb and Pork and Beef from Pondhead Farm.
Greenclose Hotels Ltd is an hotel group with three hotels and a spa in England and Wales.
Our mission as an organisation is to be a market leading hotel group, exceeding expectations at all times and delivering value way above the capabilities of our competitors. Respect, commitment, passion, professionalism, accountability are our key values. We see ourselves as an ethical organisation and as such we place a significant emphasis on managing and improving our environmental performance.
As a hotel group we recognise that our activities have an impact on our environment. We are aware of our legal obligation for a Duty of Care under the National Environmental Policy Act and comply with all regulations.
Our objectives are to encourage sustainability across the hotels and spa through:
- Managing and monitoring our use of energy and water
- Reducing and recycling waste
- Ethical procurement where practical
- Encouraging suppliers who adopt green policies
- Promoting environmental awareness and responsibilities with all employees
- Communicating the environmental achievements of the company
- Encouraging staff and guests to travel sustainably
- Encouraging wildlife habitats on our properties, including a Hedgehog Hotel
- Engaging in community and charity projects including the Great British Spring Clean
- Offering our guests a discount when travelling by train
- Encouraging guests to refill their own water bottles at our refill station
- Welcoming guests to use their own travel mugs for takeaway hot drinks
- Promoting the New Forest Code to all our guests
- Encouraging the use of other Beaulieu shops selling local produce and the use of reusable bags
- Members of Go New Forest
To achieve these objectives we have established a Green Steering Committee comprised of senior staff members and an executive working group of employees who care about our impact on the environment.