Passion Fruit and White Chocolate Cheesecake with fresh Orange Sorbet
Impress your dinner guests with this delicious cheesecake recipe by Head Chef Matthew Tomkinson
- 200g of hob nob biscuits, crushed
- 100g of butter, melted
- 50g of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 bronze gelatine leaf, soaked in water
- 170ml of double cream
- 90g of full fat soft cheese
- 100ml of passion fruit juice
- 25g of caster sugar
- 1 bronze gelatine leaf, soaked in water
- 170ml of orange juice, freshly squeezed
Passion Fruit Sauce
- 50ml of passion fruit juice
- 25g of caster sugar
1 orange, cut into segments with pith and membrane removed
1. Start by making the stock syrup. You will need around 300ml for this recipe
Making stock syrup
To make stock syrup, simply heat equal amounts of water and sugar in a pan until dissolved.
2. Next make the orange crisp. Very gently poach the orange slices in 250ml of the stock syrup until translucent. Drain and dry in an airing cupboard for two days until crisp.
3. To make the cheesecake base, combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and push into the base of your chosen tin. Set in the fridge.
4. To make the filling, warm 60ml of the double cream and the white chocolate together until melted, then add the drained gelatin.
5. Mix the soft cheese with the remaining cream until smooth and then add to the chocolate mixture. Pour over the set base and return to the fridge until firm.
6. To prepare the sorbet, mix the orange juice and 50ml of the stock syrup together then churn in an ice cream machine until frozen
7. For the cheesecake topping, bring the passion fruit juice and sugar to the boil and add the drained gelatin. Pass through a fine sieve and cool. Whilst just warm pour over the cheesecake and return to the fridge
8. To make the passion fruit sauce, bring both to the boil and turn down to a simmer, allow to reduce to a syrupy consistency
9. To serve, cut the cheesecake into 4 portions and place on plates. Garnish with some chopped fresh orange pieces, a drizzle of the passion fruit sauce, a scoop of sorbet and an orange crisp.
Don't fancy cooking this yourself? Why not come down to The Terrace restaurant and let our fantastic chef Matthew Tomkinson do the work?
To book a table call 01590 612 324.