Honey Roast Breast of Alresford Pheasant
17th Dec 2018
Honey Roast Breast of Alresford Pheasant wrapped in Parma Ham with Sauté Sprout Tops, Chestnuts, Parsnip Puree and Crisps
4 Pheasant Breasts
4 slices of Parma Ham
200g Sprout Tops Blanched and Drained
8 Large Chestnuts shelled
6 Parsnips peeled and roughly chopped
50 ml Double cream
100g Braised red cabbage
100ml Game Jus
20 ml Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
- Check the breasts for any shot and wrap in the Parma ham.
- Thickly peel one of the parsnips and deep fry in hot oil until golden and crisp.
- Dice the remaining parsnips and cover with water, season well and bring to the boil, turn down and simmer until tender.
- Purée in a blender until smooth adding the double cream until a light consistency is achieved, keep warm.
- In a sauté pan, heat through some of the olive oil and place the breasts skin side down. Colour well, turn over and add half of the butter to the pan and transfer to a hot oven until just cooked and still moist.
- Sauté the sprout tops in the remaining butter and season.
- Warm the cabbage through and slice the breasts.
Place a spoon of the purée on a warmed plate followed by small mounds of the cabbage and the sprout tops.
Place the slices of pheasant around and finish with some of the hot game jus and some crisps.