Honey Glaze Duck Breast Recipe
30th May 2019
Spice up your dinner time with this delicious recipe from Montagu Arms Head Chef, Matthew Whitfield. This honey glazed duck recipe serves 4, so would be perfect to share with your friends and boast your cooking skills.
Honey Glaze Duck Breast with Szechuan Pepper, Carrot, Ginger and Chou Farci (serves 4)
- 2 Duck Breast
- 8 Carrots
- 200g Chard Leaves
- 200g Butter
- 100g Szechuan Pepper
- 50g Cumin Seeds
- 50g Coriander Seeds
- Pickling liquid (50/50 white wine vinegar and sugar)
- 2 Duck Legs
- 50 Duck Fat
- 100g Ginger
- 300ml Chicken Jus
- 1 Lime
- Blend the spices together to form a crumb
- Peel all of the carrots and cook 4 to garnish the plate as you wish
- Take 1 carrot and slice very thinly and place in hot pickling liquid to pickle for 30 min
- The other 3, chop and cook until soft and puree in a blender until smooth then season
- Blanch the chard leaves to garnish the plate and wrap the farci
- Season the chicken jus (buy a good quality one from a shop) with fresh ginger and lime juice until required taste. Reduce until required consistency.
- Take the duck legs and cook in duck fat at 90oc for 8 hours. When cooked, pick all the meat and season with ginger salt and pepper. Roll 20g balls and wrap with a blanched chard leaf.
- Cook the duck in a pan fat side down for 8 minutes. Turn over for 10 seconds and take out the pan. Place on a tray and glaze the fat with honey and sprinkle the spice mix on top with some salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, take out and rest.
To serve the dish, slice each duck breast into 4 slices. Place 2 slices in the middle of each plate and lay the cooked carrot to the side of the breast and garnish the plate with chard leaves. Add carrot puree to the plate and slices of pickled carrots. Finish with the ginger jus and some carrot tops. Place the Chou Farci in side dish and glaze with some jus and a pinch of the spice mix.