And the winner is...
10th Oct 2018
Autumn marks the British Food Fortnight - the biggest annual, national celebration of British food and drink.
To celebrate Matt's 10 year anniversary at The Montagu Arms as well as British Food Fortnight, we invited you to share with us your favourite recipe and how you create your famous dishes at home. We were overwhelmed with the number of responses and would like to thank everyone for taking the time to enter.
We are delighted to announce the lucky winner of our luxury dining break for two... Carolyn Collins! A huge congratulations to Carolyn and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon (hopefully for your anniversary!).
Carolyn's braised beef chunks in a warming red wine sauce winning recipe can be found below:
- 500gram Braised beef chunks
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup of small carrots
- 1 whole green pepper sliced into strips
- 1 carton of chopped tomatoes
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Generous seasoning of sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 dried chilli pod
- 1 table spoon Worcester sauce
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary and thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 table spoon tomato puree
- Heat Slow cooker on low for 20 minutes
- Add seasoned flour to bowel and mix in beef chunks until covered
- Prepare other ingredients
- Add a few chopped onions and a small amount of garlic to floured beef
- Now heat pan add olive oil and Brown meat until all look browned
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, Worcester sauce, wine and seasoning including herbs and dried chilli. Mix well.
- Add carrots and peppers.
- Place in slow cooker and cook for 5 hours. Make sure you stir regularly.
A dried chilli adds a warm kick to this Autumn menu.
To tatste great british food created by the wonderful Matthew Tomkinson, visit The Terrace Restaurant this autumn.
Book a table