Our covid-19 secure pledge
Stay with confidence
In the recent months, we have all faced unprecedented challenges as a result of COVID-19. The well-being of our guests and teams has always been of utmost importance to us and this has never been more true than it is now.
As we welcome you back to our hotel, we are committed to operating to the highest levels of health and safety vigilance, providing you with the safest, most comfortable and flexible experience whilst enjoying the high standard of service expected of The Montagu Arms Hotel.
We have devised a health and safety program in accordance with the HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, our internal operating practices and procedures will be continuously reviewed and updated as necessary.
We know we are living and working through challenging times, however, we want to reassure you that when coming to visit our Hotel and the beautiful New Forest National Park, we are ready for you. Whilst our doors have been shut since late March, we have been preparing for the changes needed to provide a safe and secure guest experience when we re-open.
If you do have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us on 01590 624467 or by emailing us at or email@example.com.
My teams and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Montagu Arms Hotel soon.
Jeremy Whitworth – Hotel Manager
- The health and safety of our team has been of the utmost importance during these times. All team members will undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have also introduced 'Health and Safety Ambassadors', to implement and oversee all new practices, procedures and training.
- All team members will, upon returning to work, be required to have their temperature checked on a daily basis and must stay at home and follow official guidance on self-isolating should they feel unwell.
- All team members will be required to sanitise their hands at regular intervals.
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
- All teams will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- Check-ins have changed slightly, and your safety is especially important when arriving to the hotel. Screens have been put in reception and social distancing marking has been placed to keep you safe.
- Quick check-ins will be offered to all guests, so you are able to get into your room quickly and easily with no extra hassle.
- All guests will be sent a pre-check-in form prior to arrival and are required to fill this in and return to the hotel before their check-in date.
- We will kindly ask you to take your temperature on arriving at the Hotel. Should you show signs of a high temperature, we will have to ask you to leave the hotel.
- Should you become unwell during your stay and are showing symptoms of COVID-19, we will provide you with a quarantine facility (guest bedroom).
- Our usual valet parking service will not be available meaning all guests are required to park their own cars in the back car park at the rear of the hotel.
- Cash will not be accepted and credit/debit card details will be required for contactless payments.
- Helpful signage will be placed around public areas to aid social distancing and we kindly ask guests to respect these measures.
- Social distancing will be observed throughout the hotel, with reduced capacity in relevant locations, e.g. lobby areas, dining, and closure of some services e.g. spa facilities.
- The Hotel Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
Our Suppliers & Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only.
- Any deliveries will only be received at the ‘goods delivery door’ and suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment or are authorised to do so.
- Access to back of house areas are restricted to staff only.
Health & Hygiene
We have elevated our rigorous cleaning procedures for all areas of the hotel and introduced additional safety measures.
We pledge to:
- Follow government cleaning advice for non-health care environments.
- Enable self-check in where possible and practise social distancing during stays .
- Have measures in place to allow guests to practise good hygiene throughout their stay.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of common touch points, e.g. lobby areas, public bathrooms, dining chairs/tables and will sanitise areas using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place throughout the hotel.
- A one-way system will be in place to uphold social distancing measures.
- Non-essential items will be removed to reduce cross-contamination. e.g magazines and board games.
- Your bedroom will be cleaned with extra care and sanitised using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger.
- Non-essential items will be removed to reduce any contamination risk.
- We have placed individual amenity bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Housekeeping will be available on a request basis only and we kindly ask guests to vacate their room and ventilate prior to our housekeeping teams entering.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or are not available.
- We have decided to temporarily close Monty’s Inn Restaurant but the Monty's Inn bar will be open wednesday - Sunday offering snacks and drinks. There will also be a takeaway menu available.
- The Terrace Restaurant will be open Wednesday-Sunday with a reduced number of tables and a slightly different menu to what you would usually see in our 3 rosette Terrace Restaurant.
- Socially distanced outdoor dining areas have been created and are available for you to enjoy breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and dinner al fresco.
- We are now taking Afternoon Tea bookings for all residents and non-residents. Book Now
- Takeaway picnics will be available for residents to pre-order via our website or at the hotel during your stay.
- Cash will not be accepted and credit/debit card details will be required for contactless payments.
SenSpa is open for treatment bookings. The swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and gym is open for spa members and Careys Manor Hotel residents
From 1st August, the steam rooms and saunas will reopen, making all facilities at SenSpa (albeit slightly modified to aid social distancing) available to book by Montagu residents.
Weddings & Events
Ceremonies and receptions for up to 30 guests can now be held for 2020 from 1st August at the hotel but larger group gatherings are still not permitted as per government guidance. The popularity of 'micro-weddings' is growing and our boutique style country house hotel is the perfect intimate venue for a smaller celebration.
Having the New Forest as our playground provides many opportunities for social distancing activities such as hiking, cycling, canoeing and much more! Speak to our Reservations team to book your activity.
We have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking accommodation at the hotel.
For new bedroom reservations booked directly with The Montagu Arms Hotel for travel dates until 31st December 2020:
- At the time of booking, a deposit equivalent to the value of the first night's stay will be payable.
- If you need to cancel due to COVID-19 and have given 48 hours notice prior to your arrival date, your deposit will either be refunded or we can transfer your booking to another suitable date.
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 48 hours of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date. Please note however, rates may differ between your chosen dates.
- Any cancellations or amendments within 48 hours that are not as a direct result of COVID-19, will result in our retaining the charge for the first night of your stay.
- For reservations made via third parties, including online travel agents, travel professionals or as part of a group booking, please contact your booking provider or meeting planner for additional information on their policies.
The VAT rate for hotel accommodation, meals and non-alcoholic beverages decreased to 5% from 15 July 2020.
Guests that paid a deposit to us before 15 July 2020 for a stay after 15 July 2020 may wish to understand whether they are entitled to a partial refund in respect of the VAT element.
Our policy is that partial VAT refunds will not be made.
The reason for this is twofold:
- Our advertised rates are advertised as inclusive of VAT and not at a price plus VAT. This allows a guest to have certainty about the price they will pay and the obligation to meet the VAT thereon sits solely with us. This means that if the VAT rate goes up the guest will pay no more and if the VAT rate goes down, as it has done now, the guest will not receive a refund, and;
- Notwithstanding the above, we hope guests will understand that we and our entire industry are enduring the biggest challenge to business survival in living memory. As such we believe that not only are we legally entitled to retain the benefit of the VAT reduction we believe that it’s the right thing to do in order to return our business to a strong footing and to protect jobs.
Room To Reward
We have pledged hotel stays to volunteer recognition charity Room To Reward to say ‘thank you’ to inspirational volunteers who gave up their time to make a difference to those who most needed it during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Love The Forest
To protect humanity, we must protect nature. Our home in the New Forest is also home to ancient trees and an abundance of wildlife from grazing ponies to rare bird species. That’s why every time you stay at The Montagu Arms, £1 is donated to The New Forest Trust’s ‘Love the Forest’ scheme who raise funds for conservation and education projects to preserve our natural surroundings for many generations to come.
As The Montagu Arms Hotel closely monitors the global situation, we will continue to stay in touch and provide you with updates as they become available.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.