Dear Friends of The Montagu Arms Hotel
We are pleased to see the lifting of restrictions as of 19th July and would like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your loyalty, trust and continued support.
As a hotel, we will be stepping tentatively into 'freedom day' and will continue to uphold all the extra sanitation procedures we have introduced over the last 16 months and have asked that staff continue to wear face coverings for the time being. We kindly ask guests to also wear face coverings when in public areas of the hotel but appreciate this is completely at your own discretion.
For your peace of mind, please have a read of the Covid-19 procedures and precautions that will be in place during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Montagu Arms Hotel this Summer.
Steve Woodrow | Area General Manager
Our covid-19 secure pledge
Stay with confidence
- The health and safety of our team has been of the utmost importance during these times. All team members have undergone mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- All team members are required to perform a lateral flow test twice weekly and must stay at home and follow official guidance on self-isolating should they feel unwell.
- All team members will be required to sanitise their hands at regular intervals.
- All team members will be required to continue wearing face coverings as appropriate.
- All teams will maintain a policy of no physical contact and social distance, wherever possible.
- In-line with government advice, we kindly ask guests to continue wearing face coverings when in public areas of the hotel, but this is completely at your own discretion.
- Our usual valet parking service will not be available meaning all guests are required to park their own cars in the back car park at the rear of the hotel.
- Cash will now be accepted but credit/debit card is preferable for contactless payments.
- The Hotel Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
Our Suppliers & Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only.
- Any deliveries will only be received at the ‘goods delivery door’ and suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment or are authorised to do so.
- Access to back of house areas are restricted to staff only.
Health & Hygiene
- We will continue with our rigorous cleaning procedures and safety measures for all areas of the hotel. Including increased cleaning and disinfecting of common touch points, e.g. lobby areas, public bathrooms, dining chairs/tables and will sanitise areas using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place throughout the hotel.
- Non-essential items have been removed to reduce cross-contamination. e.g magazines and board games.
- Pre-booking is essential if you wish to dine at either of our restaurants.
- Monty's Inn will be open everyday for lunch and dinner as well as offering snacks and drinks. There will also be a takeaway menu available.
- The Terrace Restaurant will be open Wednesday-Sunday
- Outdoor dining areas have been created and are available for you to enjoy breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, afternoon tea and dinner al fresco.
- Takeaway picnics will be available for residents to pre-order via our website or at the hotel during your stay.
- Credit/debit card is prefered for contactless payments.
All guests at The Montagu Arms can enjoy complimentary use of the swimming pool, sauna, seam room, Jacuzzi and gym from check-in until check-out. All guests staying in the hotel can also upgrade to use the spa hydrotherapy pool. We are remaining cautious and continuing with reduced guest numbers, therefore pre-booking of swimming lanes and/or hydrotherapy passes is essential.
Weddings & Events
All restrictions relating to guest numbers, live music and dancing have now been lifted but we kindly ask guests to continue wearing face coverings where appropriate. Please contact our events team to find out more about weddings, meetings or conferences at The Montagu Arms Hotel.
Having the New Forest as our playground provides many opportunities for activities in the fresh forest air such as hiking, cycling, canoeing and much more! Speak to our Reservations team to book your activity.
We have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking accommodation at the hotel.
A deposit equivalent to the value of the first night’s stay will be taken at the time of booking. Should you need to cancel your booking, the deposit is fully refundable until 14 days prior to the booked arrival date. Changes following this time, and up until 48 hours prior to arrival, the deposit will be held on your account for 365 days to allow you to rebook your stay for a later date. Changes within 48 hours of arrival will result in the deposit being forfeited as a cancelation charge.
Room To Reward
We have pledged hotel stays to volunteer recognition charity Room To Reward to say ‘thank you’ to inspirational volunteers who gave up their time to make a difference to those who most needed it during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Love The Forest
To protect humanity, we must protect nature. Our home in the New Forest is also home to ancient trees and an abundance of wildlife from grazing ponies to rare bird species. That’s why every time you stay at The Montagu Arms, £1 is donated to The New Forest Trust’s ‘Love the Forest’ scheme who raise funds for conservation and education projects to preserve our natural surroundings for many generations to come.