General Enquiries 01590 612324
Bedroom Reservations 01590 624467
Beaulieu Village to Bucklers Hard
| Aug 2012|
A 7 kilometre round trip that takes you from Beaulieu Village to Bucklers Hard along the banks of the Beaulieu River.
Distance: 4.5 miles (7 kilometres)
Time: 2 hours (depending on stay at Bucklers Hard)
- Start at the Montagu Arms Hotel
- Turn up into the main street of the village and take the footpath by Norris’s shop. This is signposted “Bucklers Hard 2 miles”
- This will lead you to a school sports field. Keep to the edge of this field and head to the stile in the right hand corner.
- After the stile, follow the footpath through the gate marked “Solent Way”. The Beaulieu River is now visible on your left.
- After a short distance you will enter The North Solent Nature Reserve. Continue along this path and you will see an open field on your right.
- Bear left by the cottage at the top of the field and follow the footpath signs to Bucklers Hard.
- After this, bear right and then bear left.
- After approximately 100 yards, you will have the choice of two paths, both of which will take you to Bucklers Hard (both paths come out at the same point)
- At the end of your chosen path you will come to a boat yard. Cross the road and follow the path signposted “Solent Way”.
- To return to the Montagu Arms, simply retrace your steps, and perhaps try out the alternative path to the one you chose in step 8!
© 2014 The Montagu Arms Hotel
The Montagu Arms Hotel, Beaulieu, New Forest, Hampshire. SO42 7ZL
Tel: 01590 612324, Fax: 01590 612188
Central Reservations: 01590 624467